RED ROCK HOMEOWNER’S ASSOCIATION
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
JUNE 7, 2017 7PM
Red Rock Golf Club
President George Nelson called meeting to order at 7PM. In attendance were President George Nelson and board members, Don Knudsen, Marilyn Grimsrud, Claire Allen and Treasurer Kevin Buntrock. Approximately 48 people were in attendance.
The agenda was reviewed and approved unanimously. Minutes of the January 19, 2016 Annual Association Membership Meeting and the April 20, 2017 Association Board of Directors Meeting were reviewed and approved unanimously.
- As of June 6, 2017
- Cash Balance of $86,000, projected to be $74,000.
- Account receivable balance down to $5,500, which includes street light receivable of $1,743 from City.
- Expenses include insurance snow removal and street light repair. We have been having problems with street light globes which we were paying $900 per globe and have found a new source for around $400.
- Previous Year 2016
- Net Income of $6,049 down $2,500 from previous year. Increased expenses for irrigation repair for the front entrance. Snow removal was up last year as well due to the severe winter.
- We have had some issue with outstanding account receivables. The Board addressed the issue with a late fee policy and since implementation of that policy the majority of the account receivable balance has been collected.
The treasurer’s report was approved unanimously.
There was a lengthy discussion regarding investing a portion of the Association’s cash balance. A motion was made and seconded to authorize the Board of Director’s to open an account with Partridge Financial to invest $50,000.00 of the cash reserve in accordance with the investment proposal of Partridge Financial, which is attached as reference to the minutes. The motion was approved by a 16 to 7 vote.
There was discussion regarding development activity in the Estates at Red Rock area. A recent zoning change at the Hamm property to the south and new lots on Prestwick Road were discussed. No action was taken.
A lengthy discussion regarding trampolines was discussed. Kevin Buntrock indicated that Article IV, Section 1, Negative and Affirmative covenants states “Tree houses and play houses are not permitted,” however the Architectural Control Committee (ACC) has always interpreted that to be structures of a permanent nature, not temporary play sets, swing sets etc. Therefore the ACC has never approved or denied any requests regarding trampolines or playhouses of a temporary nature. No action was taken.
A request was made to consider a sidewalk on Portrush Road by hole six.
Marv White and Barbara Horton agreed to help with the new Welcome Basket program.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned.
2017 Annual Meeting Minutes
2016 Annual Meeting Minutes
2015 Annual Meeting Minutes